Tingalpa Model Aero Club (TMAC) is one of Australia’s largest radio-controlled aviation clubs, with over 200 members of varying ages and flying experience. Model aircraft flown by members include electric and gas powered: fixed wing (the most common), scale, gliders, pattern, turbines and helicopters.
As an Model Aeronautical Association of Australia affiliated club, we enjoy promoting the hobby and sport of R/C model aviation. Experienced pilots and instructors are on hand to help beginners and experienced pilots alike. If you are interested in learning more about this sport, contact us and arrange a visit to the field.
Our field is situated within the Minnippi Parkland, Tingalpa, 10 Km from the Brisbane CBD. The club’s flying facilities are open all year round, 7 days per week, 7am – 7pm (except Sunday, 8am – 7pm)
- Flight operations to resume Wed 21 Sept with limited hours (Mon-Sat 7am-11am, Sun 8am-11:30am) due to Observer requirements .
- All pilots must complete a Safety Induction before they can fly.
- Inductions will be held twice per day during the first week (Mon-Sat 7am & 11am; Sun 8am & 11:30am – On Thu inductions will be held every hour until 11am). Subsequent Inductions will be by appointment only. See Safety Briefing.
- For at least the first week, Observers will monitor and report any incursions into the eastern buffer zone.
- Covid protocols still apply at the field.
The next General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 5th October 2022 at the Carina Leagues Club, 1390 Creek Rd, Carina. The meeting will start at 7:30pm.